Average Design Engineer with Computer Aided Design CAD Skills Salary in Canada
The average annual salary of Design Engineer is $64,939.00
The starting salary of Design Engineer is between $43,733.00 and $51,450.00 whereas the maximum salary range is between $85,490.00 and $98,314.00.
|Minimum Annual Pay||Maximum Annual Pay|
The average hourly pay of Design Engineer is $27.42.
The starting hourly rate is between $18.00 and $20.80 for Design Engineer whereas the maximum hourly wage is between $38.50 and $44.00.
|Minimum Hourly Pay||Maximum Hourly Pay|
- Currency : CAD
- Annual Salary : $64,939.00
- Hourly Pay : $27.42
- Weekly Pay : $1,201.00
- Fortnightly Salary : $2,402.00
- Monthly Salary : $5,203.00
Design Engineer Salary Comparison by Gender
This pie chart demonstrates the gender share for Design Engineer. As indicated, the golden colour represents the percentage share for women and the green represents the percentage share for men.
As shown in the chart, male employees are involved significantly more as Design Engineer compared to female. Their involvement is 90% while of female is only 10%.
Salary Distribution Based on Years of Experience
The line graph shows Design Engineer salary in Canada on an annual basis. In this graph specifically, it is indicated that as the years of experience increases, so does their wages.
For Design Engineer working less than a year in a company, you notice that their annual salary starts around $56,451.36.
As the years of experience reaches 1 to 4, there is a significant increase of $5,620.60 which would give a total wage of CAD62,071.96.
Once the experience reaches 5-9 years Design Engineer salary would increase again to a total of $74,747.12, adding $12,675.16 from the last salary increase.
After reaching the 10-19 year experience in their career, another increase in salary will be added to a total of $80,716.64.
And finally, once the Design Engineer gains 20 years of experience or more, their salary would reach $92,966.40.
Prominent Skills Affecting Design Engineer Salary
The bar graph data indicates the importance of specific skills which can have a direct impact on Design Engineer's salary. It clearly highlights the skills needed for a post of Design Engineer when hired by an employer.
The most vital skill expected of Design Engineer is Matlab which impacts the most than the rest of the skills indicated with a staggering 29% comparatively. Therefore, one’s salary would greatly depend on their skills in Matlab.
The skill least likely to affect one’s pay would be Project Management with 9%. It can be said that Project Management skill will unlikely impact the salary.
Compensation Statistics Based on Experience Levels
This combination of a line and the bar graph shows how the experience affects the salary of Design Engineer. Companies are considering factors like training and education directly affecting the salary offered to you as an employee. The line graph shows the salary increment with the increase in experience whereas the bar graph shows the comparision of how the salary is getting affected based on experience level.
As shown in the trends, lowest earning is $55,198.00 whereas the highest earning is $91,564.00 which clearly shows the salary increases with the level of expertise.
Experienced person will earn the maximum salary of $91,564.00 at 41%. So to summerize, Entry Level earns 15% less than the average salary, Early Career earns 5% less than the average salary, Mid Carrer earns 15% more than the average salary, Late Career earns 24% more than the average salary, Experienced earns 41% more than the average salary.
Job hunters also viewed these Salaries
- Research & Development (R&D) Engineer, Computer Software $52,326.00 to $126,604.00
- Research & Development (R&D) Manager $50,388.00 to $146,660.00
- Accounts Payable (A/P) Administrator $32,394.00 to $62,192.00
- Research & Development (R&D) Technician $34,145.00 to $71,070.00
- Vice President (VP) Finance & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) $103,734.00 to $279,151.00
- Research and Development (R&D) Lab Technician $31,518.00 to $72,255.00
- Vice President (VP) of Product Development $81,218.00 to $187,163.00
- Vice President (VP), Business Development $69,836.00 to $229,172.00
- Vice President (VP), Engineering $104,312.00 to $268,272.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $81,328.00 to $220,064.00
- Vice President (VP), General Manager $72,267.00 to $225,515.00
- Vice President (VP), Human Resources (HR) $93,636.00 to $228,609.00