Average Technical Writer with eXtensible Markup Language XML Skills Salary in Ottawa, Ontario
The average annual salary of Technical Writer is $83,341.00
The maximum salary range is between $82,950.00 and $95,393.00.
|Minimum Annual Pay||Maximum Annual Pay|
The average hourly pay of Technical Writer is $24.94.
The starting hourly rate is between $21.00 and $24.61 for Technical Writer whereas the maximum hourly wage is between $48.40 and $56.00.
|Minimum Hourly Pay||Maximum Hourly Pay|
Technical Writer Salary Comparison by Gender
This pie chart demonstrates the gender share for Technical Writer. As indicated, the golden colour represents the percentage share for women and the green represents the percentage share for men.
As shown in the chart, female employees are involved significantly more as Technical Writer compared to male. Their involvement is 58% while of male is only 42%.
Salary Distribution Based on Years of Experience
The line graph shows Technical Writer salary in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on an annual basis. In this graph specifically, it is indicated that as the years of experience increases, so does their wages.
For Technical Writer having experience between 1-4 years, their salary is around $23.63.
After reaching the 10-19 year experience in their career, another increase in salary will be added to a total of $47.25.
Prominent Skills Affecting Technical Writer Salary
The bar graph data indicates the importance of specific skills which can have a direct impact on Technical Writer's salary. It clearly highlights the skills needed for a post of Technical Writer when hired by an employer.
The most vital skill expected of Technical Writer is HTML which impacts the most than the rest of the skills indicated with a staggering 698% comparatively. Therefore, one’s salary would greatly depend on their skills in HTML.
The skill least likely to affect one’s pay would be Writing Procedures & Documentation with 43%. It can be said that Writing Procedures & Documentation skill will unlikely impact the salary.
Compensation Statistics Based on Experience Levels
This combination of a line and the bar graph shows how the experience affects the salary of Technical Writer. Companies are considering factors like training and education directly affecting the salary offered to you as an employee. The line graph shows the salary increment with the increase in experience whereas the bar graph shows the comparision of how the salary is getting affected based on experience level.
As shown in the trends, lowest earning is $81,674.00 whereas the highest earning is $165,849.00 which clearly shows the salary increases with the level of expertise.
Late Career person will earn the maximum salary of $165,849.00 at 99%. So to summerize, Early Career earns 2% less than the average salary, Late Career earns 99% more than the average salary.
Job hunters also viewed these Salaries
- Vice President (VP), Corporate Development $110,160.00 to $245,192.00
- Vice President (VP), Corporate Development $65,178.00 to $289,386.00
- Vice President (VP), Corporate Development $77,920.00 to $294,573.00
- Vice President (VP), Corporate Development $156,774.00 to $278,358.00
- Vice President (VP), Engineering (Computer Software) $124,848.00 to $228,137.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $94,503.00 to $245,686.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $136,196.00 to $199,916.00
- Account Manager, Commercial Lines $57,120.00 to $89,700.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $0.00 to $141,278.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $120,445.00 to $215,602.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $0.00 to $115,805.00
- Vice President (VP), Finance $0.00 to $220,317.00